In this lab, you'll practice programming solutions using branches, Boolean expressions, and string functions.
By the end of this lab, you should be comfortable...
- using branches
- writing if/else if/else statements
- writing Boolean expressions
- using string functions like at, find, push_back, and replace
Get as far as you can solving the following zyLabs in the zyBook. While you do them, be sure to implement incrementally—write a line or two of code, then compile/run it. Test frequently by clicking "Submit mode" and then "Submit for grading". You have unlimited submits, so don't worry about using some quota up.
- zyLab 3.21 Password generator
- zyLab 3.22 Remove gray from RGB
- zyLab 3.24 Interstate highway numbers
- zyLab 3.25 Seasons
- zyLab 3.31 Text message expander
Click "Submit mode" then "Submit for grading" when you are finished so I can see that you have done the zyLab. Your grade for the lab is based on effort, not whether you complete all of the assigned problems; you will get full credit as long as you work diligently during the 2-hour lab period.
Please see the syllabus and course schedule (both on the homepage) for more information about how many programming assignments you are required to pass, due dates, etc. Of note: you do not need to attempt every or even most PAs.