In this lab, you'll continue to practice defining and invoking functions to solve programming tasks.
By the end of this lab, you should be more comfortable...
- defining functions
- invoking functions
- explaining the differences between parameters and arguments
- using pass-by-reference and pass-by-value parameters
Work on the following zyLabs. While you do them, be sure to implement incrementally—write a line or two of code, then compile/run it. Test frequently by clicking "Submit mode" and then "Submit for grading". You have unlimited submits, so don't worry about using some quota up.
- zyLab 6.24 Swapping variables—include a JavaDoc above your function definition.
- zyLab 6.42 Authoring assistant—this is a long one with several parts. Make sure to include JavaDocs above every function.
After you are finished these, please work on a PA for the remainder of lab.
This lab is a little different than other labs. In addition to spending the two hours during lab, you must complete the functions for at least 3 of the 5 menu actions in zyLab 6.42 at home (by next lab) if you haven't done so by the end of lab. Click "Submit mode" then "Submit for grading" when you are finished so I can see that you have done the zyLab.
You will receive full credit if...:
- you worked on the lab for two hours during the lab period
- you completed 6.24 and at least 3 of the 5 menu actions form zyLab 6.42
- all functions you defined include a JavaDocs
- your code is properly indented, commented, and uses good variable names
In the submission text area, please specify who your partner is and whose zyLab submission I should look at for each problem to grade.
Please see the syllabus and course schedule (both on the homepage) for more information about how many programming assignments you are required to pass, due dates, etc. Of note: you do not need to attempt every or even most PAs.